Wetlands Permits

Wetlands Permitting Made Easy

All projects in New Hampshire must be reviewed by the New Hampshire Wetlands Bureau of the Department of Environmental Services, which has been charged by the legislature with protecting the State’s submerged lands and wetlands from despoliation and unregulated alteration (RSA 482-A).

A Wetlands permit is required to excavate, remove material, fill, or build a structure in or on the bank of any surface waters or wetlands in the state. Surface waters include lakes, rivers, brooks and perennial or seasonal streams, but exclude sheet runoff in the absence of a defined channel or wetland vegetation. Projects that significantly expose raw earth may require an Alteration of Terrain permit.

Northeast Dock and Barge Inc
P. O. Box 113
Wolfeboro, NH 03894

1 (855) NEDOCKS

Main Office
17 Bay Street
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 515-9032


Ask a Wetland Scientist

Send any questions that you would like answered to ask@nedockandbarge.com

We will go through your questions and either answer them directly or on the website as a blog post.